ADVANCED MANAGEMENT COURSE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS, PAS AND SECRETARIES
Increased demand in the work environment have placed more responsibilities on Administrative Officers, Secretaries, and Personal Assistants. Secretaries and Personal Assistants not only work as aides to managers, but also have to do more planning, organizing, and use more sophisticated techniques and professional skills to achieve organizational goals. This course is designed for Secretaries, Personal Assistants and Administrators, especially those who have Basic Management knowledge
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify skills to competently manage relationship;
- State their roles in information management;
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as personal assistants and secretaries.
- Plan, organize and coordinate their activities more effectively.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Provide information as and when required.
- Use modern office facilities; and
- Utilize resources effectively.
- Overview of Management Functions and Objectives
– The Changing Roles and Challenges of Secretaries and Personal Assistants
– Effective Delegation and Authority
– Managing Relationships for Peak Performance
– Information Handling and Management
– Problem Solving and Decision Making
– Emotional Intelligence
– Managing Change in the Work Environment
– Emerging Trends in ICT for Secretaries and Personal Assistants
– Personal Effectiveness
– Work Life Balance
- Office organisation
– Practical solution focused management skills
– How to support good workflow in the office for employee productivity
– How to manage the day-to-day running of the office
– Dealing with suppliers and developing good buying relationships
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes
– Best practice for handling meetings
– The role of teams and team building
– Taking accurate minutes and following up
– Arranging the environment for best meeting atmosphere
- Event and Travel management
– Planning, arranging and monitoring events
– Coordination and facilitation skills
– How to manage different suppliers to deliver a successful event
– Managing on time and on budget
– Making travel arrangements (i.e. arranging flights, accommodation, visas)
Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Administrators and Human Resources Personnel in public and private organizations.