ENHANCING THE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES OF ACCOUNTING OFFICERS
Skills improvement is a vital ingredient for managerial performance. Accounting and Finance Officers need appropriate skills and competencies to develop, organize and improve the performance of the financial systems in their organizations. This course is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of participants in finance and accounting procedures.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- design an effective finance and accounting system;
- prepare financial records and statements;
- interpret financial statements; and
- use finance and accounting information for decision making.
- Finance and Accounting: Concepts and Principles
- Functions of Finance and Accounting Systems
- Finance and Accounting: Tools and Techniques
- Book Keeping and Maintenance
- Preparation of Financial Statement
- Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statement
- Roles and Functions of Internal Audit
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- Cost Control and Reduction Techniques
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Application of ICT in Finance and Accounting
Accounting and Auditing Officers, Supervisors in Public and Private Sector Organizations.