IMPROVEMENT SKILLS IN FORKLIFT OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE, ACCIDENT PREVENTION, AND SAFETY PRACTICES
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: This training provides participants with the knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to operate a forklift truck and do a job effectively. This is a work-based training that gives the participants the required competence to function optimally in their job roles. The training will provide the underpinning knowledge required to operate a forklift truck (FLT). This includes identifying components and understanding the requirement to lift and move load and travel over restricted space. Participants will be able to showcase competence in lifting and placing various loads.
At the end of the PROGRAMME, participants will be able to:
- Apply the basic principles of operating forklifts and other material-handling equipment.
- Operate the equipment safely at all times;
- Carry out basic routine maintenance and upkeeps;
- Identify the types of lubricants, their applications, and equipment cooling methods
- Maneuver in confined areas using forward and reverse directions while ensuring load integrity and security, and
- Compute the cost of accidents to the participants and their employers.
- Introduction to Forklift Truck Operations and other Material Handling Equipment
- Pre and Post Operation Inspection
- Forklift Safety Devices
- Forklift Truck (FLT) Capacity and Stability
- Loading Dock Safety
- Forklift Maintenance: Dos and Don’ts
- Power Transmission System & Maintenance of Hydraulic System
- Practical Handling and Basic Maintenance Practice
- Refueling and Recharging of Electrical FLT
- Lubrication and Lubricants
- Safety Precautions for Forklift and Other Material Handling Equipment Operations
- Forklift Operation Hazards in the Workplace
- Safe forklift Operation – Occupational Safety, Health Administration
- Forklift Accident: Causes and Prevention Techniques
TARGET AUDIENCE: Forklift Drivers/Technicians, Foremen, and Maintenance Technicians /Operators of material handling equipment.