LEADERSHIP SKILL FOR TEAM LEAD
SYNOPSIS: You are a manager in your company and you are stepping into or in a leadership role. So what is your leadership style? What leadership qualities do you already have? How can your motivate your team including “difficult” people? What makes a great leader?
This leadership programme is uniquely designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for their new challenges and responsibilities. You’ll discover the heart, soul and mind of true leadership. Through role-playing, self-assessment tests and other leadership training scenarios, you’ll explore leadership roles as a strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor and team member. And you’ll learn how to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what a leader is…and is not
- Project a more dynamic image
- Discover your own unique leadership style and determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to take on your leadership position with greater confidence
- Get noticed by learning how to look and talk like a leader
- Find out what people expect and respect in a leader
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to refine your skills in gaining and using power and influence positively
- Learn how to motivate a team, including “difficult people”
- Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
Is There a Leader in You?
- Discuss which qualities senior management looks for in candidates for leadership positions
- Understand the challenges you will face
- What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Discover your leadership style
- Learn to adapt your style to the needs of others
- What Is Your Leadership Image?
- Describe how to project the positive professional image of a leader
- Understand the Importance of Trust and Its Effects on Followers
- Build Relationships of Trust with Those You Lead
- How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Identify a leader’s sources of power and influence
- Illustrate ways that leaders can build their power and influence
- How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Explain strategies for getting others to support your agenda
- How Can You Motivate People?
- Assess the things that really motivate
- Methods to Approach the First Day, Week, Month and Year of Leadership
- Design your strategies for being noticed and selected to be a leader
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any manager who needs leadership training to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new leadership assignment.