MICROBIAL PREVENTION IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: This two-day course is designed for personnel working in food processing environments and provides the fundamentals of food microbiology and an understanding of how microorganisms behave. This course also emphasizes the importance of process control, hygiene, and sanitation in the food processing environment.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Recognizing common microbial organisms of food safety concern
- Identifying common food safety interventions to control microbial hazards
- Reviewing microbial test results
- Understanding Microbial hazards and food safety impacts
- Quality control in the laboratory
- Microorganisms in Food Processing
- Spoilage & Pathogenic Microorganisms
- Ways to Control Impacts of Food Microorganisms
- Plant Sanitation & GMPs
- The 7 Steps of Effective Preoperational Sanitation
- The Connection Between Sanitation and Microorganisms
GMP and HACCP role in controlling microbial contamination:
- Sources of microbial contamination.
- The importance of the application of good manufacturing practices in a food handling environment.
Factors affecting the growth of microorganisms:
Foodborne disease organisms:
- Pathogens in the food industry.
- Control and preventive measures.
- What is food spoilage?
- Different types of food spoilage.
- How do bacteria spoil food?
- Refrigerated foods
Sampling & Testing:
- Sampling techniques
- How to conduct aseptic sampling.
GLP and Biosafety
- Laboratory Test Methods
- Shelf-Life Testing
- Food Preservation
- Validation/Challenge Studies
- Test method considerations
TARGET AUDIENCE: Microbiologists in the food processing industry, Laboratory Managers and officers, Laboratory Technicians, Production Personnel in the Food Processing Industry