PRE – RETIREMENT PLANNING AND ENTREPRENUERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
SYNOPSIS: The growing sophistication and complexity of Nigeria’s socio-economic environment has made pre-retirement planning a key issue in corporate responsibilities. There are opportunities as well as difficulties in life after retirement, depending on how one has planned or not planned for it. This workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and exposure on how to manage their lives after retirement.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- discuss perspectives on retirement;
- identify post-retirement options and opportunities;
- prepare personal financial plans;
- Set up and manage income generating venture to enhance quality of life after retirement from service
- Develop positive attitude and manage life in retirement effectively
- examine the importance of networking; and
- apply time management for personal effectiveness.
- Concepts and Planning for Retirement
- Perspectives on Retirement
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Pension Fund Management
- Appraisal of the Nigerian Business Environment
- Business Ideas and Investment Opportunities
- Basic Structure of Business Plan and Feasibility Study
- Basic Record Keeping and Accounting
- Personal Income Management
- Health and Wellness in Retirement
- Relationship Management and Networking
- Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
- Stress Management before and after Retirement
- Time Management for Personal Effectiveness
- Positive Thinking and Decision – making
- Financial Management
- Legal Aspects of Setting up a Business
- Reasons for Business Failure/Collapse
- Introduction to Basic Agricultural Enterprises: Snailery, Fish Farming, Poultry Farming etc.
- Setting up and management of Small Scale Business
Staff who are about to retire, Senior and Middle-level Officers who have interest in entrepreneurship in both Private and Public Sectors.