PRE – RETIREMENT TRAINING – DEVELOPING ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILL
DURATION: 4 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦240,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦220,000/Participant
VENUE: Ostra Hall and Hotel
SYNOPSIS: This training is intended to build an entrepreneurial mindset and skill to help retirees navigate the challenges that comes with retirement. They will be taught how to navigate the business world successfully and live a fulfilled life in retirement
Upon completion of this training, participants are expected to:
- Develop a framework for entrepreneurial mentality.
- Actualize the framework by developing action plans.
- Effectively disengage from paid employment.
- Prepare for life in establishing a business.
- Enhance the skills set to start and manage a business.
- Become equipped with basic information and skills.
- Identify investment opportunities that have minimal risk.
- Develop fundamental skills.
- Self-manage their lives from economic anxiety and stress
How You Can Run Your Own Business
- The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
- Planning a new business
- Business development process.
- How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
- The courage to take the leap
- A random walk – through simple businesses suitable for retirees
- The disciplines for business success
- Preparation of a business plan
- Legal requirements for business.
Nurturing a Business for Profitability
- Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
- Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
- Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
- A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
- A sample Profit & Loss Account.
Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Objectives of the firm
- Concepts of liquidity and profitability
- Financial records and accounting principles
- Cashflow management
- Sources of business finance
- Banking relationship and management.
Sales, Marketing and Brands
- Effective negotiation
- Selling skills development
- Proposal writing and effective presentation
- Basic brand management.
Technology and Innovation for Business
- Use of modern business equipment
- Use of internet, apps, and gadgets.
Basic Human Resource Management
- Identification and selection of employees
- Defining employee roles and duties
- Remuneration, benefits, tax, and insurance.
Business Ethics and Etiquette
- Customer service
- Product and service presentation
- Public communication.
- Time management
- Execution strategies and dealing with procrastination
- Managing and dealing with health issues.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Staff who are about to retire, Senior and Middle-level Officers who have interest in entrepreneurship in both Private and Public Sectors.