PROCESS CONTROL AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT IN QUALITY MANAGEMENT COURSE
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦80,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦60,000
SYNOPSIS: Continuous improvement is a systematic, ongoing effort to improve processes, services, or products through small, incremental changes in an effort to realize efficiencies and better quality. Quality management is related to continuous improvement, but focuses more specifically on consistency of products, services, and processes. The main components of quality management are quality planning, quality control, quality assurance, and quality improvement. After addressing the core principles and some of the history and roots of continuous improvement, this course will introduce kaizen, Six Sigma, and lean management as strategies that may be applied in the manufacturing industry.
- Understand how quality benefits employees, the organization, and customers.
- Explore and apply the concepts of quality management and process control and improvement.
- Review and apply the commonly used quality tools and techniques for problem solving and process improvement.
- discuss the core principles of and ideas behind quality management and continuous improvement;
- outline the Six Sigma metric, methodology, and management practices; describe its five phases for improving processes (DMAIC cycle); and consider the available tools;
- discuss lean management, including the ideas behind it, its principles and methods, and its benefits, opportunities, and limitations;
Benefits of Quality
- Benefits of quality: employees, organization, customers
Quality Management & Process Improvement
- Quality management systems & the key components
- Methods for customer feedback
- Activity: Customer feedback
- Engaging employees in quality: employee involvement, team formation
- Continuous process improvement: process capability, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), measures and targets, PDCA case study
- Why use quality tools?
- Root cause vs. symptoms
- Common quality tools and how they are used: voice of customer, flowchart/process map, Pareto Chart, cause-and-effect diagram, value analysis, SIPOCs, tree diagrams, decision matrix, and more
- Activity: Applying the Quality tools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Managers, supervisors, and employees who need to have an awareness of the fundamentals of quality concepts for organizations.