PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT: PRINCIPLES & BEST PRACTICES
Production Management involves techniques of maximizing and utilizing resources for added value. It is key as the challenge of scarce resources is inevitable. Through this workshop, the acquisition of these techniques will bring about increase in production, safety of employees and broadening of skills of personnel.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of production staff;
- Plan effective utilization of resources;
- Organize production processes;
- Manage human and material resources and,
- Maintain machines for improved performance and efficiency.
- Overview of Production Management
- Major Environmental Factors affecting Production
- Production Forecasting and Planning
- Developing a Successful Production Team
- People and Production
- Industrial Safety
- Forecasting Techniques for Production Planning
- Modern Tools for Production Planning and Control
- Resources Scheduling Techniques for Optimum Utilization
- PERT, CPM (project management techniques)
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
Lectures, group discussion, case studies and role-play
Production Managers/Engineers, Line Managers, Senior Production Supervisors and Foremen in Manufacturing Organizations.