PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦65,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦50,000
SYNOPSIS: For efficient, effective and economical operation in a manufacturing unit of an organization, it is essential to integrate the production planning and control system. Production planning and subsequent production control follow adaption of product design and finalization of a production process.
Production planning and control address a fundamental problem of low productivity, inventory management and resource utilization.
Production planning is required for scheduling, dispatch, inspection, quality management, inventory management, supply management and equipment management. Production control ensures that production team can achieve required production target, optimum utilization of resources, quality management and cost savings.
Upon completion of this training, you should be able to;
- Compare and contrast various material requirements planning (MRP) systems.
- Describe a master production schedule and the information it provides.
- Apply MRP principles to the provision of services and distribution inventories.
- Reduce lead times;
- Improve on time delivery;
- Reduce costs;
- reduce working capital requirements;
- improve profitability and return on capital
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Demand Management& Forecasting
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Master Production Scheduling
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Production Activity Control
- Advanced Scheduling /Just-in-Time
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Management of Supply Chain Logistics
- Order Point Inventory Control Methods
- Strategy and MPC System Design
TARGET AUDIENCE: Plant Managers, Senior Production, Maintenance and Operations Managers, Line Production Supervisors and Production Engineers, inventory planners, master planners, master schedulers, production and maintenance first line supervisors. In addition accounting and financial personnel, Purchasing Agents and those involved with implementing Just-In-Time and Manufacturing Resource Planning initiatives will benefit greatly.