PROFESSIONAL SELLING SKILLS
SYNOPSIS: This course provides the fundamental skills, tools and processes of professional selling. The focus is on “relationship” and “need-satisfaction” selling in a business-to-business environment. Through experiential exercises, practical applications and discussions participants develop, deliver and evaluate a wide range of selling methods and presentations. This course is ideal for people in business who want to enhance their selling skills and those people that are new to a sales role as well as salespeople at any level who do not have formal training in the field.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of personal selling in a business-to-business environment.
- Describe the characteristics, knowledge and skills necessary to be a successful salesperson
- Explain the steps in the sales process, and apply effective methods involved with each step.
- Develop a persuasive sales presentation.
- Deliver a persuasive sales presentation.
- Evaluate a sales presentation.
- Develop strategies for dealing with ethical challenges in a variety of sales contexts.
- The Life, Times, and Career of the Professional Salesperson
- Ethics First…Then Customer Relationships
- The Psychology of Selling: Why People Buy
- Communication for Successful Selling: How to build Relationships
- Sales Knowledge: Customers, Products, Technologies
- The Pre-approach – Planning your Sales Call and Presentation
- The Approach – Begin Your Presentation Strategically
- The Presentation – Elements of Effective Persuasion
- Objections – Addressing Your Prospect’s Concerns
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Sales Managers, Marketing Managers, Brand Managers, Planning and Development Managers and those that involved with the planning, development and implementation of marketing and selling plans as well as people who desire to broaden their knowledge in marketing and selling.