STORES OPERATION AND MATERIAL HANDLING FOR FORKLIFT OPERATORS
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦60,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦45,000
SYNOPSIS: Forklift operators are critical to the effective and efficient handling of materials. Their operations have direct bearings on our material handling efficiency and consequently profitability. This training is intended to highlight the importance and criticality of their function and provide guide for safe and efficient material handling.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the challenges, objectives and functions of warehousing
- Describe the different types of storage and material handling systems
- Develop better skills for housekeeping and safety within the warehouse
- Have an enhanced understanding of the safe operation of the forklift.
Storage and material handling systems
- Layout of the warehouse
- Size and shape of the warehouse
- Storage utilization and organization
- Types of storage systems
- Fixed versus random location
- Material handling equipment
- Material handling equipment checklist
- Improving the receiving/issuing material operations
Warehouse and Stores Management
- Goods receiving procedures
- Issuing Methodology – FIFO, LIFO etc.
- Dispatch/Distribution procedures
- Materials handling Techniques
Safety in the warehouse
- Good housekeeping inside the warehouse
- Identifying safety hazards
- Unsafe acts and conditions
- Causes of damage
- Stock/Materials segregation: flammable and non flammable
- Stores markings with signs: no smoking, no sleeping under materials
- Security of materials, building, employees and visitors, fire prevention, access to stores etc.
Safe operating guidelines of Forklift
- Duties and responsibilities
- Safe Operation of forklifts