EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS FOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND DEPARTMENTAL MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: The “Performance Management Process for Human Resources and Departmental Managers and Supervisors” course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage the performance of their teams and foster a culture of high performance within their departments. Participants will learn the key principles and practices of performance management, explore strategies for setting performance expectations, and develop techniques for providing feedback and coaching. Through interactive discussions, case studies, and practical exercises, participants will enhance their ability to align individual and team performance with organizational goals and objectives.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of performance management in driving organizational success.
- Define and implement an effective performance management process.
- Set clear performance expectations and goals for individuals and teams.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to enhance performance and development.
- Conduct performance evaluations and appraisals using fair and objective criteria.
- Address performance issues and develop improvement plans.
- Foster a culture of accountability, engagement, and continuous improvement.
- Align performance management with employee development and career growth.
- Leverage technology and tools to streamline performance management processes.
- Evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of the performance management process.
Module 1: Introduction to Performance Management
- Understanding the purpose and benefits of performance management
- Key components of an effective performance management process
- Roles and responsibilities of human resources and departmental managers
Module 2: Setting Performance Expectations and Goals
- Defining clear and measurable performance expectations
- Establishing SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals
- Aligning individual and team goals with organizational objectives
Module 3: Providing Regular Feedback and Coaching
- Techniques for providing constructive feedback
- Conducting effective performance discussions and coaching sessions
- Supporting employee development through feedback and coaching
Module 4: Performance Evaluation and Appraisal
- Planning and conducting performance evaluations and appraisals
- Using fair and objective criteria to assess performance
- Documenting and communicating performance evaluation outcomes
Module 5: Addressing Performance Issues and Developing Improvement Plans
- Identifying and addressing performance gaps and issues
- Developing performance improvement plans
- Implementing strategies for performance enhancement
Module 6: Building a Culture of Accountability and Engagement
- Promoting a culture of accountability within the department
- Encouraging employee engagement and ownership of performance
- Recognizing and rewarding high performers
Module 7: Aligning Performance Management with Development and Growth
- Linking performance management with employee development plans
- Supporting career growth and advancement through performance management
- Identifying training and development opportunities based on performance feedback
Module 8: Leveraging Technology in Performance Management
- Utilizing performance management software and tools
- Streamlining performance management processes through technology
- Ensuring data security and confidentiality in performance management systems
Module 9: Evaluating and Enhancing the Performance Management Process
- Assessing the effectiveness of the performance management process
- Gathering feedback from employees and stakeholders
- Implementing improvements and adjustments based on evaluation results
Module 10: Best Practices in Performance Management
- Exploring best practices in performance management
- Learning from case studies and success stories
- Creating a roadmap for continuous improvement in performance management practices
TARGET AUDIENCE: Human Resources Managers, Departmental Managers, Team Lead, Project Coordinators/Managers, Supervisors and anyone in Managerial capacity.