IMPORT AND EXPORT OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦80,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦60,000
INTRODUCTION: This training is designed to essentially focus on trade, import, and export freight management and documentation. The approach will help to improved your organizational structure through the use of analytical techniques enhanced an organizational trade operation.
The participants will be able to explore the procedures and documentation of import and export which is an important element of international trade. It will also empower them to understand what importers and exporters need to comply with the rules and regulations as well as follow the trade customs of all the organizations’ operations.
Importing/exporting goods and supplies from around the world can give your business a competitive edge in your domestic market or make your production costs more cost-effective.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to;
- Understand the basic processes of importing
- Appreciate the challenges of cross-border payments
- Understand your documentary requirements
- Gain an understanding of key trade and customs
- Effectively methods of handling import and export duties and calculation of VAT
- Have a deeper understanding in relations to customs regulations, domestics, and trade laws.
- Understand international legalization and best practice
- Understanding imports/exports transaction framework
- In-depth understanding of imports/exports procedures and shipping documentation
- Know export transaction procedures and types of export documentation
- Highlight the importance of accurate exports documentation and procedure.
- Manage the customary regulatory framework involved
- Expand customer base globally and enter into a new market.
Overview of import and export operation management, scope, and definition.
Background of importing and exporting
Indirect and direct import and export
Import and export procedure
International shipping documents
How to ensure key and accurate documentation of imports and exports
Cargo insurance policy
Understanding Letter of credit
Customs clearance in the import/export process
Export Management – How to Export?
Evaluations of risks of supplier due diligence
How to process an import order – the contract of sale
The role of HMRC
Handle import duties
Calculating import VAT
- Import landed cost calculation
- Valuation methods for imports and export
- Tariff codes
- The import processes
- Customs Procedure Codes (CPCs)- A brief explanation of what they are;
- SAD C88 Form – an overview
- Incoterms – Application, and impact on imports and exports
TARGET AUDIENCE: Customer services, shipping, purchasing, accounts and finance, import administration, logistics, production planning, technical support, quality, and standards.