IMPROVING YOUR REPORT WRITING AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦60,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦45,000
SYNOPSIS: Communication in whatever form be it written, oral or non-verbal is the vehicle for transmission of information. The skill to communicate effectively is very important as it ensure that the information is not misinterpreted, distorted and acted wrongly upon. The consequence of misrepresentation of information can be sometimes fatal and embarrassing for the organization as it will be portray in a bad light. Hence, staff will need to be trained in this area. Staff require communication and report writing skills for effectiveness. Excellent office management skills, accurate filling abilities, detailed preparation for meetings, exceptional interpersonal abilities and first class business writing and communication skills are required for success in today’s workplace.
At the end of the Workshop, participants should be able to:
- Produce concise reports and accurate minutes of meetings;
- Carry out all duties with dexterity in speech and writing;
- Communicate effectively with external and internal customers;
- Exhibits traits of emotionally intelligent persons and,
- Apply strategies for excellent inter-personal relations.
- Overview of Report and Speech Writing
- Elements and Types of Reports/Speeches
- Planning and Writing Reports
- Planning and Writing Speeches
- Data Collection for Report and Speech Writing
- Use of English Language
- Effective Communication Skills
- Citation and References
- Presentation Skills
- Use of ICT in Report Writing
- Exercises: Designing Report Template
Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Supervisors and Management Staff.