MICROSOFT EXCEL APPLICATION WORKSHOP (BEGINNERS’ LEVEL)
SYNOPSIS: In today’s rapidly emerging technology, technical skills can be said to be common place; but the differentiating factor that will separate the high flyers from the low performers lies in the ability of the people to develop and sustain viable and relevant skill sets. This ability comes with a trained mindset and sets of attitudes that positions the individual at the forefront. This requires a continuous training and retraining program that will equip them to effectively compete in the ever expanding and aggressive business environment.
This course will introduce the participant(s) to basic and intermediate data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
By the end of the course, the participant will be in a better position to:
- Professionally analyze data and report it in a way that makes sense
- Prepare reports more professionally and efficiently
- Create eye-catching and understandable reports and visualizations
- Automate redundant reporting and office processes
Beginners Series – Microsoft Excel Application Workshop
Excel is a spreadsheet program in the Microsoft Office Suite. One can use Excel to create and format workbooks (a collection of spreadsheets) in order to analyze and display data. Specifically, one can use Excel to track data, build models for analyzing data, write formulas to perform calculations on that data, pivot the data in numerous ways, and present data in a variety of professional looking charts
- Explore Windows and Excel ─ User Interface and Backstage
- Apply custom formats and layouts
- Understanding Excel data
- Data References – Relative, Absolute and Mixed
- Introduction to charts, chart types, layout
- Data Validation in Microsoft Excel
- Data Sorting and advanced sorting in Microsoft Excel
- Data Filtering and advanced filtering in Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Functions and Formula e.g.
– Regular functions –Logical functions(IF,AND,OR,IFERROR,NOT), Math functions(Round, SQRT, RAND,RANDBETWEEN
> Text functions(LOWER,UPPER,PROPER,REPLACE,FIND,LEFT,RIGHT, MID,TRIM, SEARCH, TEXT, concatenating, parsing with text to columns, parsing with text functions, Flash Fill)
> Date and Time functions(Dates and times in MS Excel, TODAY, NOW, YEAR, MONTH, DAY, WEEKDAY, DATE, DATEVALUE)
> Statistical functions(MIN,MAX,MEDIAN), Financial function(PMT)
– Basic summarizing functions – SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS
– SUMIF,SUMIFS,AVERAGEIF,AVERAGEIFS, SUMPRODUCT
– Lookup & Reference Functions
> VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, LOOKUP, OFFSET, INDIRECT, MATCH AND INDEX
- Printing worksheets
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Office Managers and Administrators, Supervisors, Office Clerks, Secretaries, Accountants, Cashiers and anyone wanting to upskill.
Lectures, group discussion, case studies and role-play