OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND HAZARD MAANGEMENT IN THE FACTORY
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: The “Occupational Health, Safety, and Hazard Management in the Factory” course is designed to equip employees and managers with the knowledge and skills necessary to create a safe and healthy working environment within a factory setting. This course aims to raise awareness about potential hazards, promote best practices for occupational health and safety, and provide strategies for accident prevention. Through interactive discussions, practical exercises, and case studies, participants will learn how to identify and mitigate workplace risks, implement safety protocols, and foster a culture of safety in the factory.
- Understand the importance of occupational health, safety, and hazard management in the factory.
- Identify common workplace hazards and assess their potential risks.
- Implement safety protocols and procedures to minimize workplace accidents.
- Promote the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe work practices.
- Educate employees on emergency preparedness and response procedures.
- Foster a culture of safety and encourage employee participation in safety initiatives.
- Comply with relevant occupational health and safety laws and regulations.
- Investigate and analyze workplace accidents to prevent future occurrences.
Module 1: Introduction to Occupational Health, Safety, and Accident Prevention
- Importance of workplace safety and its impact on employees and the organization
- Legal and regulatory frameworks for occupational health and safety
Module 2: Identifying Workplace Hazards
- Common workplace hazards in a factory environment
- Hazard identification techniques and risk assessment methodologies
- Understanding the hierarchy of controls for hazard mitigation
Module 3: Implementing Safety Protocols and Procedures
- Establishing and communicating safety policies and procedures
- Safe work practices and the importance of following standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Developing and implementing a permit-to-work system
Module 4: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safe Work Practices
- Types of personal protective equipment and their proper use
- Selection, maintenance, and inspection of PPE
- Promoting safe work practices and ergonomic considerations
Module 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Developing an emergency response plan
- Evacuation procedures and emergency assembly points
- Training employees on emergency response protocols
Module 6: Creating a Culture of Safety
- Promoting employee involvement in safety programs
- Communication and training strategies for safety awareness
- Encouraging near-miss reporting and continuous improvement
Module 7: Accident Investigation and Analysis
- Conducting effective accident investigations
- Root cause analysis techniques and identifying contributing factors
- Developing preventive measures to eliminate recurring accidents
TARGET AUDIENCE: HSE Manager, Admin Manager, Head of Operations, HR Manager, Supervisors, Factory Operatives, Middle Line Managers, Sales Personnel, Factory Managers, Security personnel, General Managers, Technical Manager, Engineers Technicians, Account Managers Receptionist, Safety personnel, QA/QC managers, HSE professionals and all line managers etc.