PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS AND PERSONAL HYGIENE
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: This Personal Effectiveness course will help you understand the importance of resilience in the workplace and develop your communication and time management skills. It will also help you to achieve success through the development of important personal and interpersonal skills and offers tools to deal with many challenging workplace situations
- Analyze their current effectiveness in terms of time and priority management.
- Identify appropriate situations and techniques for assertive communication.
- Confidently deal with conflict situations and ‘difficult’ people.
- Consider the most appropriate Influencing style(s) to achieve positive results.
- Recognize the factors that contribute to building personal profile and impact.
- Develop a personal action plan to enhance personal effectiveness at work.
Understanding Personal Effectiveness
- Nature and Nurture
- The Human Personality
- Intrapersonal Effectiveness
- Steps to Personal Effectiveness
- The Rule of Work – Professionalism and Social Intelligence
- Secrets to a Balanced and Successful Life
- Follow the steps of clear and direct communication
- Identify different styles of communication
- Assess the impact of communication styles on others
- Listen actively
- Assess your time efficiency
- Time manages your goals
- Personal effectiveness relies on prioritizing your time and effort
- Overcome procrastination
- Prioritize tasks by value and deadline pressure
- Time wasters
- Decision making
- 80/20 rule. Pareto principle applied
Resilience in the Workplace
- Define personal resilience and the characteristics that underpin it
- Recognize the symptoms of stress and its impact on performance
- Use coping techniques to deal with stress
Introduction to Personal Grooming
- Understanding Etiquettes
- Personal Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Office Etiquettes
- How your thoughts affect your feelings
- How your feelings affect your results
- How you can become a source of strength to other people
- Continuous improvement
TARGET AUDIENCE: Junior Staff, Senior Staff, Middle Level Managers, Senior Managers, Executives