PRINCIPLES AND BEST PRACTICES OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 2 Days
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦105,000/Participant
ONLINE FEE: ₦95,000/Participant
VENUE: Human Capital Training Centre
SYNOPSIS: Production management is the management of an organization’s production systems, which converts inputs into the product and services. A production system takes inputs which include material, personnel, machines, building, technology, cash money, information and other resources whereas the outputs include the product and services. Thus, production management is the study (practices) of planning, designing, and production systems and subsystems to achieve the goals of an organization. The primary concern of production managers is to manage the activities of this conversion process or production. This training will provide the participants with knowledge and skills on the principles and best practices in managing the production function.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of production as a process of converting or transforming resources into products;
- demonstrate an understanding of the manager’s concern in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling productive operations to meet organizational objectives;
- demonstrate an understanding of productivity measures, quality and costs both, direct and indirect;
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of facility layouts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of just-in-time systems.
- Explain the importance of forecasting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of aggregate planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles underlying materials requirements planning.
- Develop basic materials requirement schedules.
Strategic planning in production management
- Overview of Production Management
- Plant Location and Facility Layout
- Cost Profit Volume or Break-Even Analysis
Planning function in production management
- Aggregate Production Planning
- Capacity Planning
Operational aspects of production management
- In Bound and Out Bound Logistics
- Theory of Constraints
- Supply Chain Management
Control and measurement of production management
- Modern Tools for Production Planning and Control
- Control Function in Production Management
- Scheduling and Sequencing
- Measurement in Production System
TARGET AUDIENCE: Production Managers/Engineers, Line Managers, Senior Production Supervisors and Foremen in Manufacturing Organizations.