STRATEGIC PLANNING AND GOAL SETTING
CLASSROOM FEE: ₦140,000 | ONLINE FEE: ₦110,000
SYNOPSIS: The ability to set goals and make plans to achieve them is the single most important skill that you can develop as a manager, supervisor or team leader. Goals enable you and your team to focus on what is important. Every organisation has a strategic goal and a strategic plan to achieve them. Each business area should have a well-developed operational plan that will contribute to achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan, and this course will give you the methods, tools and techniques that will enable you to achieve this with confidence.
At the end of the training, participants will be able:
- Understand how to design, implement and evaluate strategic plans.
- Work with different frameworks to analyze your industry.
- Know your SWOT and work on your competencies.
- Assist your workforce to translate strategic plans into action plans.
- Avoid the problems that can fail your planning and achievement targets.
- Become visionary, analytical and creative thinker.
- Make rational and logical choices for decisions.
- Set challenging, realistic and achievable targets.
- Measure performance and manage progress.
- Be individually competitive and skilled.
Overview of strategic planning
- Understanding Strategic concepts and their scope.
- Achieving competitive advantage through flexibility and agility.
- How to create a structure for strategy.
- Frameworks for gathering information for analysis.
- Future depends on your purpose – Vision and mission.
- Business analysis and contingency planning.
- Making Strategic choice – rationality clause.
- Formulation – programs, projects, policies.
- Managing complacency for change.
- Human resources and knowledge management.
- Building a strategic planning team.
- Effective process management to achieve business results.
- Monitoring and measuring business performance.
Building effectiveness for strategic planning
- The strategy life-cycle and the problem of strategic drift.
- Creative and innovative culture.
- Thinking outside the box.
- The potentially negative dimensions of success.
- Knowing when to stop and when to start.
- Coordination to be at its best.
Personal strategic planning
- Applying strategic tools and techniques to the individual.
- Personal goal setting, creating a personal strategic plan.
- Competencies and skills for a strategic manager.
- Developing inspiration and gathering support.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Middle managers, Functional managers, Team leaders, Supervisors, Those who wish to develop their goal-setting and planning skills